THREE SESSIONS — NINE SPEAKERS
Join Us in Atlanta.
The program includes three sessions covering issues unique to the region, including innovative building skins, high performance facades, and the future face of Atlanta. These well-rounded, expert dialogues will inform and inspire.
The Facades+ conference series is a robust dialogue encompassing all things building skin—bridging the profession, industry, academia, operations, and ownership. We’ve distilled the best of the Facades+ 2-day event into a quick-take morning forum with a strong local flair. Facades+AM is coming to Atlanta for the first time this January.
- AIA Members
- Architecture Students and Faculty
- Building Envelope Specialists
- Construction Professionals
- Materials Specialists
Bruce McEvoy | Principal | Perkins+Will
Jeff Chermely | Technical Director| Perkins+Will
- Midtown Rising: Innovations in Mixed Use + Residential Projects
- Transformational Adaptations: Creating Value from Existing Buildings
- Designing MBS: Secrets of the Mercedes Benz Stadium
The rapidly developing technology of high-performance facades has emerged as the key to building integration, and central to the realization of resilient buildings and a sustainable built environment. The building skin combines attributes of appearance and performance like nothing else in architecture. There is much to discuss. We invite you to join the conversation as we bring this forum to Atlanta, GA.
- Bruce McEvoy
- Design Principal
1. Midtown Rising: Innovations in Mixed Use + Residential ProjectsBetween Tech Square and the Georgia Tech Campus, Midtown is one of the fastest growing areas of Atlanta. Hear from the firms that are making Midtown the place to be through mixed-use, residential and academic projects.
- Pierluca Maffey
- John Portman & Associates
- Joshua Gassman
- Senior Associate
- Lord Aeck Sargent
- Howard Wertheimer
- Georgia Institute of Technology
2. Transformational Adaptations: Creating Value from Existing BuildingsExisting buildings provide opportunity for designers and developers but also unique challenges. Learn how to create new value through adaptive reuse, repositioning, preservation projects from across Atlanta.
- Lee Ann Gamble
- Gamble and Gamble
- David Yokum
- Erika Kane
3.Designing MBS: Secrets of the Mercedes Benz StadiumMercedes Benz Stadium is first professional sports stadium to achieve LEED Platinum in the U.S.. Hear from the team behind the creation of Atlanta’s newest civic gem as they dive deep into the technical challenges of this complex project.
- Carlie Bullock-Jones
- EcoWorks Studio
- Gus Drosos
- Technical Principal and Senior Vice President
Join the dialogue!
Event Venue & Hotel
- Forum Location:
The Westin Peachtree Plaza210 Peachtree St NWAtlanta, GADirections
210 Peachtree St NWAtlanta, GA(404) 659-1400All reservations must be made by December 26, 2017.Special rate for The Architect’s Newspaper Facades+ attendees: $199/night plus tax & incidentals.
- Parking: The Museum will provide validation for Bourse Garage only. The Museum does not have its own garage. There are numerous lots and garages, as well as metered street parking in the immediate vicinity. Parking for Attendees, Exhibitors & Speakers Bourse Garage (400 Ranstead St.) – 1 block from Museum Entrance: 4th St. bet. Chestnut & Market Sts. next to movie theater Up to 8 hrs.: $9 with validation sticker provided at event registration FOR EXHIBITORS ONLY – FOR LOAD IN 6:15 am morning of event Mon. Sept. 25 Vehicle unload at side of Museum along Ludlow Street. Buzz Delivery Door entrance on Ludlow by Loading Dock. Map
- SPONSORS CAN SET UP ON SUN. AFTERNOON & MON. MORNING 2 – 4 pm Sun. Sept. 24, day before event and/or 6:15 am Mon. Sept. 25, morning of event
- Please do not send oversize packages or crates. This is a tabletop show, not a booth, and there is very ltd. storage space at the museum. Please get approval ahead of time for anything oversized or the packages may be refused. Contact Yannick Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org for Shipping Address and Logistics.
- Will I receive confirmation of my registration?
Yes, once we have processed your registration and payment, you will get an email confirmation detailing your registration.
- Do I need to bring my registration confirmation to the conference?
Yes, it’s always a good idea.
- What do I need to bring if I registered as a Student?
Bring a current student ID card with your photo and present it when checking in.
- When do I get my badge and/or event tickets?
Badges will be provided at check-in at the site on the day of the event.
For attendee, programming, and sponsorship information, contact us below.
The Architect’s Newspaper
21 Murray St, 5th Fl.
New York, NY 10007
[contact-form-7 id=”1784″ title=”Facades+AM sponsorship form”]
Upcoming Facades+ Conferences
Past Facades+ Conferences
Facades+ Los Angeles — October 19+20, 2017
Facades+AM Austin — July 18, 2017
Facades+ 1 Day Boston — June 6, 2017
Facades+ New York City — April 6+7, 2017
Facades+AM San Francisco — December 7, 2016
Facades+AM Kansas City — September 15, 2016
Facades+AM Boston — June 17, 2016
Facades+AM Washington DC — March 10, 2016
Facades+AM Seattle — December 4, 2015
Facades+AM Houston — June 18, 2015
Facades+AM Washington DC — March 5, 2015
Facades+AM Seattle — November 11, 2014